Tuesday, July 19, 2011

FAVORITE THINGS

Just a small selection of some things I love (and some I would love to have)


Urban Outfitters, Striped Dottie Slip-On Sneaker, $18

I'm just wild about these cute slip-on sneakers from urban outfitters. The perfect shoe compromise for me: adorable and at least somewhat practical! Perfect for a weekend bike ride to the farmer's market or over the coney island.



I am absolutely obsessed with everything elderflower right now. Cocktails made with St.Germain are a summetime staple right now (the Beehive in Boston has a fabulous version of a St.Germain cocktail: the St. Normandie, made with gin, white wine, and St. Germain). A non-alcoholic version sounds just perfect and so refreshing to sip on during a warm summer afternoon in the garden. Think fresh picked basil and mint with elderflower syrup, sparkling water, and lemon slices!


31 Bits, Riverbed Necklace, $36

I recently discovered this amazing company and their beautiful jewelry through one of my favorite blogs: A Case of the Mundays. The Riverbed Necklace is definitely one of my favorite designs but all of the jewelry is beautiful, made of 100 % recycled paper, and helps support and empower craftswomen in Uganda. Fabulous! I can't wait to purchase one of my own once I save up some money!


IKEA, Elly Dishtowel, $3.49/4 pack

Okay, if you couldn't tell already I am really loving the navy blue and white stripe motif. I discovered these dishtowels after reading a DIY post on Design*Sponge for making your own farmer's market bags! What a genius idea. I just love the simple, classic design of these dishtowels though. I plan on buying them in bulk. I also can't wait to make my own market bags a la the Design*Sponge post and fill them up with delicious fresh picked loveliness!



Currently listed on Etsy by seller fadedwhimsy, this pair of vintage apothecary bottles is to die for! I'm personally a big collector of old apothecary bottles, old jars, and pretty much anything like this. Lucky for me,  I just hit the jackpot at a garage sale out in Massachusetts recently: four apothecary jars (though not quite as lovely as the ones above), an antique wooden crate (perfect for planting or for using as shelving in a kitchen), and a whole collection of vintage engineering and math manuals full of strange and unfamiliar diagrams that will be perfect for making collages!


Amazon, V&A Cray Thermos, $24

I've been wanting one of these thermoses, covered with designs done by artist William Morris. The perfect way to drink tea!


Plants and Their Application to Ornament, Eugene Grassset, $35

I saw this book at the gift shop at the Met and knew I had to have it. Okay, I didn't buy it then but I know I will soon! Beyond my collection of old apothecary bottles, I'm also a book collector! Much to the dismay of my bookshelves, I can never resist a book that combines nature and art, particularly one that is full of gorgeous botanical illustrations.


No comments:

Post a Comment