Friday, December 02, 2011

HOLIDAY CHEER

Its a brisk and sunny day here in New York. I absolutely love this time of year. Although it can be stressful, I love the optimism and excitement that comes juts before the holidays. The thought of sitting with your loved ones, huddled under warm woolen blankets while sipping cocoa and marshmallows just makes me giddy, like I'm eight years old all over again.

I'm especially excited because I'll be lucky enough to have some of my most loved with me this Christmas.  It will be so wonderful to spend lots of time with my family and friends and then I'll be heading back with my sweetheart, to stay with him in England for a bit! Sometimes I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

I've been working on my knitting lately as well-- nothing fancy, just a plain old scarf, but I'm definitely excited to finish it up as the cold weather rolls in! It's been nice to spend time with my Grandma and learn about something she knows so well.

So, In the spirit of the holidays (and, I suppose, the consumerism that comes along with it), here's a sampling of some lovely items that seem perfect alongside this late autumn/ early winter. Happy December!


No comments:

Post a Comment