Wednesday, September 21, 2011

NEW IPHONE & OTHER ADVENTURES

Alas, I have succumbed to the demands of this technological age. Yes, that's right folks, I got an iphone! I never thought the day would come but it has and, despite four hours on the phone with three different (all very lovely and very helpful) Verizon customer service agents, and my persistent struggle to understand all of the endless features that Apple has to offer, it's a pretty darn cool device. I've already gone a little app crazy, but my favorite discovery so far is "Classic TOY" photo app... it takes great photos and has endless filters. I'm especially loving the effects of the 70sage, Color Negative Film, and Vintage Prints filters. They make for some gorgeous, ethereal, and nostalgic lo-fi shots!

Besides that, I ran some errands with my mom. Afterwards, we had lunch at St. Germain, a sweet little French cafe in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. It was a rainy day and so we ordered a couple of hot chocolates, a salade nicoise, and a salade avec chevre chaud (warm goat cheese). Everything was delicious and to top it off, I brought home a lovely little chocolate-orange mousse cake. Besides the wonderful company and good food, it was a great opportunity to try out the camera on my new iphone. I took a couple of photos. I think the filters from the Classic TOY app give the pictures a bit of that Parisian nostalgia that I adore (and miss) so much!

 The outside of the cafe. Isn't that side paneling just perfect?

Bowls of hot chocolate... my favorite!

 I've been trying to keep busy the past few weeks (in between applying for jobs!) and am proud to say that, after a week of practice, I am about to begin knitting my first scarf! I'm so excited and will definitely post more on my progress soon. I also have been playing a lot of guitar and learning new songs. I even  learned a bit of Tai-Chi. Now if only this skills would translate into a viable job I'd be set! But, I've also been listening to some new music. I just can't get Kurt Vile's song, "Baby's Arms" out of my head so I'm going to share it here, along with the adorable music video.



Isn't it gorgeous?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nina,

    Congratulations on your new IPhone. Isn't it FUN once you learn how to use all the bells and whistles on it! I got mine last year about this time. I never thought I would like texting but find it pretty cool.

    Your song has a catchy beat!

    ReplyDelete