Tuesday, May 03, 2011

TERRAIN WISHLIST

(Image from Terrain at Styers)

We've started working on the garden for this season... I couldn't be more thrilled. The prospect of a whole backyard (well, a small concrete plot in the back of our Brooklyn home) filled with fresh flowers, fruits, and veggies, is just so exciting. We've been growing tomatoes and herbs every summer, with a spattering of other various vegetables. This year, however, we're getting really ambitious! We bought some of our seeds from the Hudson Valley Seed Library. The seed packets are designed by local artists and have beautiful designs! Check them out here: Hudson Valley Seed Library. Some of my favorites that we picked are "Aunt Molly's Ground Cherry," " Good Bug Blooms," "Calico Popcorn," and "Kaleidoscope Carrots." I can't wait to see them growing in the garden and better yet, I can't wait to harvest and enjoy them! 

We've been going to Terrain out in Glen Mills, PA since we discovered this gem of a store not too far from school. I am obsessed! Since we went there for dinner a few weeks ago, I just can't get enough. I bought two bird houses for the garden. One of them, all made from twigs and wood, I plan to hang with ribbon from a post or from the fence. The other is even more exciting! It's a little house attached to a long wooden stick that you can stick right in the ground! I plan to plant it in a pot with my Hummingbird and Butterfly Garden Seeds!

I also bought this lovely little chalkboard (for $12 I just couldn't resist!):
...I can't wait to hang him up in the house and fill him with lovely little messages. Maybe I'll hang him in the yard and list the plants that are ready to harvest!

 What I am really wishing for now are terrariums and bell jars! Terrain has such a gorgeous selection of cloches, bell-jars, and terrariums, that I just can't help but want to fill my whole house with little green wonders.

Above (from top to bottom): Bell Finial Cloche: $26; Lantern Terrarium: $88; Hanging Terrarium House: $38; No. 1 Terrarium: $38; Plant Mister: $20

oh, I can't wait for summertime!!

No comments:

Post a Comment