Friday, May 06, 2011

MOTH & BIRD

Here's another image...finally one with a music sheet background! As is probably clear by now,  I love using birds as images in my work. I decided to put moths, another favorite of mine, in this one which I was definitely happy about.  It's really exciting to be putting together this little series since I can now combine bits and pieces from all of the lovely (and often strange) images I've been sourcing over the years. I hope you like them!

Nina Pelaez.Wings. 2011

Here aew some more images by one of my favorite artists, Joseph Cornell. His work is so haunting and so beautiful. He also often uses birds in his collages and shadow-boxes! Isn't this one lovely?

Joseph Cornell. Untitled (The Hotel Eden). 1945


Here's another of my favorites:

 Joseph Cornell. Untitled (Bird Box). c. 1948


And here's another with lots and lots of birds!


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment